Network & Indexing Service Disruption
Event Summary - July 26, 2019
Date(s) of event: July 25, 2019 - July 26, 2019
We pride ourselves on having reliable technology and for taking responsive action to inquiries from our Members. Unfortunately, technology is not always perfect and unforeseen issues can arise. With that said, you may have noticed a slight disruption in your service beginning late Thursday, July 25th through Friday July 26th. Due to the combination of a power backup system failure and network outage at our data center, a number of our sites and processes were impacted, including job indexing. To further complicate the issue, we were also unable to receive incoming emails, leaving us with the inability to respond to your questions.
Our Director of Network Operations and VP of Product Development worked tirelessly to resolve these issues in a timely manner and we are happy to inform you that the hardware and network have been restored. Below you’ll find information on what was impacted.
- All incoming mail to @directemployers.org and @recruitrooster.com was delayed until approximately 8:00 PM EDT on July 26th.
- Indexing and Acquisition of Job Listings did not occur during the regularly scheduled July 25th indexing operation.
- The following services were unavailable from 1 PM EDT on July 25th until 9PM July 26th:
- FTP Services
- Board Builder instances
- Targeted Job Distribution Email Delivery
- Member Desktop
- OFCCP Compliance Reports
What this means for Members:
- Any messages sent to staff were not delivered until July 26th at ~ 9:00 PM EDT
- Job postings were not updated on July 25th
- Job Listing and Delivery intended for July 26th was delayed until July 27th
Impact on your data:
- Any position posted on July 25th and taken down on July 25th or 26th was not acquired or delivered.
- All positions posted for three days will be delivered, per your membership agreement. No data was lost.
We apologize for any inconvenience and lack of responsiveness you may have encountered as a result of this. Being transparent with our Members is important to us so please don’t hesitate to reach out to our Member Engagement team with any questions you may have. You may call your membership representative directly, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.