As the coronavirus continues to turn life as we know it upside down, Business Management Daily is committed to providing you with up-to-date information about the pandemic's impact on your workforce and business.
As part of that effort, we're offering a 30-minute legal briefing on what you need to know for the days ahead each week. Employment lawyer Anniken Davenport will consolidate and translate the legal twists and turns so you know what to expect, how to prepare or respond and when to do it.
This week's topics will include:
- So you don’t think you’re an FMLA-covered employer? That just changed! (Surprise – you’re covered if you have FEWER than 500 employees)
- The rundown on the brand-new expanded FMLA emergency leave and how much it will cost you
- “But this is going to put us out of business!” – you may need this escape hatch
- How to manage the new federal COVID-19 fully and partially paid leave law
- Why determining why a worker needs time off is crucial
Plus, get answers to YOUR questions during the reserved Q&A time.